STEVE HAGEN is the founder and head of Dharma Field and has been a student of Buddhist thought and practice since 1967. In 1975 he began practicing with Dainin Katagiri Roshi in Minneapolis and was ordained by him in 1979. He has studied with teachers in the U.S., Asia, and Europe, and received Dharma transmission (endorsement to teach) from Katagiri Roshi in 1989. In addition to his duties at Dharma Field, he is currently writing another book.
Steve Hagen is the author of the following books:
- Why the World Doesn’t Seem to Make Sense (Sentient Publications, 2012) a revised edition of How the World Can Be the Way It Is (Quest Books, 1995)
- Meditation Now or Never (HarperOne, 2007)
- Buddhism Is Not What You Think (HarperSanFrancisco, 2003)
- Buddhism Plain and Simple (Tuttle, 1997)
- You Have to Say Something
a collection of Dharma talks by Dainin Katagiri