STEVE HAGEN has been a student of Buddhist thought and practice since 1967. In 1975 he became a student of Dainin Katagiri Roshi in Minneapolis and was ordained in 1979. He has studied with teachers in the U.S., Asia, and Europe, and in 1989 received Dharma transmission (endorsement to teach) from Katagiri. He founded Dharma Field in November 1997 and stepped aside from the head teacher position June 1, 2012.
Steve Hagen is the author of the following books:
- Why the World Doesn’t Seem to Make Sense (Sentient Publications, 2012) a revised edition of How the World Can Be the Way It Is (Quest Books, 1995)
- Meditation Now or Never (HarperOne, 2007)
- Buddhism Is Not What You Think (HarperSanFrancisco, 2003)
- Buddhism Plain and Simple (Tuttle, 1997)
- You Have to Say Something
a collection of Dharma talks by Dainin Katagiri